Do you what to become a lifesaver?
We offer a variety of Ofqual regulated first aid qualifications as we know that the correct qualification will depends on your needs. Whether it’s First Aid at Work or something more specialised like Paedriatric First Aid we’re sure you’ll appreciate our common sense approach.
Please contact us if you would like more information to help you make your decision as we know it can be tricky to pick the correct qualification. You can also use our simple three-step calculator to determine your requirements.
“I will recommend Common Sense Training to all my friends and colleagues so that they can become proficient in all they need to know in an emergency as the life that they save may well be mine!“
Rob – Shredpoint
First Aid at Work / Emergency First Aid at Work
Automated External Defibrillator Qualifications
Specialist Qualifications and FAW/EFAW Bolt-ons
How many First Aiders?
For employers there are no hard and fast rules on the exact numbers of trained first-aiders. You have to create a needs assessment based on type of workplace, number of employees, size, location and work activity. That’s why we’re delighted to introduce our First Aid Requirements Calculator!
Designed to be quick and easy to use, this online assessment tool uses the recently updated HSE regulations to accurately calculate the cover you need in your workplace.
Simply input a few details about your workplace and the calculator will create a clear, printable report of your organisation’s requirements – ideal for demonstrating that you have completed your first aid needs assessment in line with the current legislation.
We’re also more than happy to chat so feel free to give us a call to discuss your requirements.
Why Common Sense Training?
Since 2013 the Health and Safety Executive no longer approves first-aid training and qualifications or first-aid training organisations. This offers you more flexibility when choosing a training organisation. However, it also makes it your responsibility to ensure the organisation you select is competent and the qualification of the appropriate quality.
- We offer Ofqual Regulated Qualifications that are included on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) meaning you’re never compromising on quality when selecting us over more expensive national organisations
- Our trainers have real world experience working in leisure, education, public services and commerce
- We ensure that all training contains practical hands-on elements, include real-world examples / scenarios
- Our training centre is approved by Qualsafe Awards, one of the largest Awarding Organisations in the UK, recognised by Ofqual to offer regulated qualifications
- Based in Watford we provide training across Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Greater London
- We take a common sense approach to training
1) QA Level according to the Ofqual’s Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)
Ofqual Regulated Qualifications have level (entry 1 to entry 3 and levels 1 to 8) assigned according to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). According to Ofqual, “the framework should help people understand all the qualifications we regulate, general and vocational in England, and vocational in Northern Ireland, and how they relate to each other. Its intention is to improve consistency around how awarding organisations describe the size and challenge, or demand, of the qualifications they offer.” (Ofqual blog)
All the first aid qualifications Common Sense Training deliver are either level 2 or level 3 according to the RQF.
2) First Aid at Work (Annual Refresher) is not an Ofqual regulated qualification. However, the Health and Safety Executive guidelines state that employers should ensure their first aiders remain competent to perform their role? As such, it is strongly recommended that first aiders undertake annual refresher training to practise their skills and update their knowledge on the latest first aid procedures.
3) Paediatric First Aid (Annual Refresher) is not an Ofqual regulated qualification. However, the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework states that early years providers should consider whether paediatric first aiders need to undertake annual refresher training to maintain basic key skills and keep up to date with any changes to paediatric first aid procedures.