Do you what to become a lifesaver?
We offer a variety of Ofqual regulated first aid qualifications as we know that the correct qualification will depends on your needs. Whether it’s First Aid at Work or something more specialised like Paedriatric First Aid we’re sure you’ll appreciate our common sense approach.
“I will recommend Common Sense Training to all my friends and colleagues so that they can become proficient in all they need to know in an emergency as the life that they save may well be mine!“
Rob – Shredpoint
Please contact us if you would like more information to help you make your decision as we know it can be tricky to pick the correct qualification. You can also use our simple three-step calculator to determine your requirements.
Three of our training courses are now available with our new Blended Learning option. You can now complete our innovative, online self-study e-Learning before completing trainer-led days in the classroom practising the exciting, practical side of First Aid.
- First Aid at Work (FAW)
- Emergency First Aid at Work (EAW)
- First Aid at Work (Requalification)
- First Aid at Work (Annual Refresher)
- Combined First Aid at Work & Paediatric First Aid
- Paediatric First Aid
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Paediatric First Aid (Annual Refresher)
- Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an AED
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and AED
Why Common Sense Training?
Since 2013 the Health and Safety Executive no longer approves first-aid training and qualifications or first-aid training organisations. This offers you more flexibility when choosing a training organisation. However, it also makes it your responsibility to ensure the organisation you select is competent and the qualification of the appropriate quality.
- We offer Ofqual Regulated Qualifications that are included on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) meaning you’re never compromising on quality when selecting us over more expensive national organisations
- Our trainers have real world experience working in leisure, education, public services and commerce
- We ensure that all training contains practical hands-on elements, include real-world examples / scenarios
- Our training centre is approved by Qualsafe Awards, one of the largest Awarding Organisations in the UK, recognised by Ofqual to offer regulated qualifications
- Based in Watford we provide training across Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Greater London
- We take a common sense approach to training
How many First Aiders?
For employers there are no hard and fast rules on the exact numbers of trained first-aiders. You have to create a needs assessment based on type of workplace, number of employees, size, location and work activity.
We know it can be confusing trying to determine whether you need one or more Appointed Persons, Emergency First Aid at Work qualified or First Aid at Work qualified individuals. That why we’re more than happy to chat to discuss your requirements.
For larger employers we’re delighted to introduce our First Aid Requirements Calculator.
Designed to be quick and easy to use, this online assessment tool uses the recently updated HSE regulations to accurately calculate the cover you need in your workplace.
Simply input a few details about your workplace and the calculator will create a clear, printable report of your organisation’s requirements – ideal for demonstrating that you have completed your first aid needs assessment in line with the current legislation.